In order to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all patrons and guests of the Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts, and given the trends in public assembly gatherings and overall event management, the following admission policy is utilized for events.
Tanger Center event staff will advise all patrons and guests seeking entry to the particular event that all parcels, packages, large pocket books, tote bags, containers, bundles, knapsacks, back-packs, umbrellas, coolers, bags, cartons, paper sacks, duffel bags, briefcases, portfolio cases, binocular cases, camera equipment cases, and any other type of extraneous device(s) which could be used for carrying or concealing items will not be allowed in the Tanger Center. Patrons with prohibited items will be allowed to return such items to their vehicle but will not be able to leave such items outside the facility doors. Any such items left outside will be immediately discarded by the facility.
The only exceptions for entry will be small purses, and then it must, in fact, be a purse and not some other substitute device serving the function of a purse. Baby travel bags will also be an exception provided a baby accompanies them. No other substitute purse devices may be brought into the Tanger Center unless approved by Tanger Center management.
All guests and items are subject to a consent inspection upon entering the facility. This consent inspection may involve metal detectors. All small purses and baby bags will be subject to consent inspection, without exception.
The following items are prohibited:
- Alcoholic or other Beverages
- Artificial Noise Makers
- Audio or Video Recording equipment
- Cameras (camera policies vary on an event by event basis)
- Bags - due to the pandemic, patrons should not bring any type of bag or purse into the venue. Patrons should enter with as few items as possible on their person, such as only a wallet, keys, cell phone, and a small bottle of hand sanitizer up to 3 oz. Should a small purse be necessary for medical or other reasons, it should not exceed 10”x 6”x 4” in dimension.
- Beach Balls
- Canes, Chains or Sticks of any length (non-medical use canes)
- Cans, Glass or Metal containers
- Coolers (unless containing medical supplies)
- Diaper Bags (unless accompanied by a baby)
- Fireworks or any Explosive
- Folding Chairs
- Food and Beverage
- Helium Balloons
- Illegal Drugs
- Knives of any size
- Laser Pointers
- Pets (except service animals for patrons with disabilities)
- Promotional items with commercial identification
- Tape Recorders
- Large golf or non-telescopic umbrellas
- Weapons of any description, including firearms (weapons with a carry permit are also prohibited)
- Signs, banners, flags or any other items that would either obstruct the view of a patron or serve as a dangerous projectile or security risk.
- Other items that in the judgment of Tanger Center management pose a safety risk or diminish the enjoyment of an event by other patrons.