Greensboro Symphony postpones Fall 2020 performancesView All News
Greensboro, NC (August 20, 2020) – Due to current restrictions on large gathering sizes, the Greensboro Symphony Orchestra (GSO), has postponed or rescheduled the following performances held at the Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts. As additional new dates are confirmed, the GSO will make a public announcement.
- Music of Queen: originally Aug. 21, 2020 - reschedued for Feb. 6, 2021
- POPS: An Evening with Matthew Morrison: originally Sept. 17, 2020 - rescheduled for Nov. 6, 2021
- Masterworks: Tchaikovsky and Beethoven Treasures*: originally Sept. 26, 2020 - rescheduled for March 20, 2021
- Chamber Concert at UNCG: originally Sept. 27, 2020 - rescheduled for March 21, 2021
- POPS: Michael Cavanaugh: The Music of Billy Joel: originally Oct. 17, 2020 - rescheduled for Jan. 23, 2021
- Not Our First Goat Rodeo (Yo-Yo Ma, Stuart Duncan, Edgar Meyer, Chris Thile, and Aoife O'Donovan): originally Oct. 18, 2020 - currently postponed, new date TBD
- Masterworks: Beethoven's 9th with the Greensboro Symphony Master Chorale: originally Dec. 10, 2020 - rescheduled for May 15, 2021
- Sting: originally Dec. 19, 2020 - rescheduled for Nov. 20, 2021
- Maestros and Mendelssohn: originally May 15, 2021 - rescheduled for April 29, 2021
- Chamber Concert at UNCG: originally May 16, 2021 - rescheduled for May 9, 2021
*program and artist have changed
The Masterworks Series concert held on March 20, 2021, will open with George Walker’s Lyric for Strings. The new featured guest artist, Kelly Hall-Tompkins, will perform Florence Price’s Violin Concerto No. 2 and Fiddler Rhapsody and Scherzo by Jerry Bock and Sheldon Harnick. The concert will conclude with the GSO’s performance of Beethoven’s Symphony No. 7.
Ticket holders are asked to keep their tickets as all tickets issued to the above performances will be valid for admission to the rescheduled engagement. Patrons will be promptly alerted to any additional schedule changes, should they occur. The GSO is in the process of updating ticket information at greensborosymphony.org and ticketmaster.com.
For more information, please visit GSO on their website or contact the GSO Box Office via email and phone at [email protected] and 336-335-5456 x224.