Tennis champion Venus Williams helped redefine women’s professional sports. She has won seven grand-slam titles including five at Wimbledon, and was the world No. 1 in singles and doubles. She merged her healthy competitive spirit with an inspired business acumen, building two successful design ventures. Hear her story of progress made to combat sexism and other issues women face.
The Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts is the home of the Guilford College Bryan Series
By participating in the Guilford College Bryan Series, you’ll see the most interesting people on stage … and seated next to you. For more than 20 years the series has brought world-renowned speakers presenting ideas, personal histories, enlightening insights and vital global concepts. It attracts discerning, thoughtful people who enjoy being informed and entertained. Just like you.
Once again the Bryan Series has assembled an unsurpassed lineup for our season that opens in October 2022:
- Venus Williams - tennis champion and business leader
- Daniel Levitin, Ph.D., & Rosanne Cash - renowned neuroscientist and Grammy-award winning singer-songwriter
- Kizzmekia Corbett, Ph.D. - distinguished viral immunologist
- Jose Andres - celebrity chef and global humanitarian
- Ronan Farrow - Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative reporter
A subscription is a reserved seat for all five events and is available in the Orchestra ($350), Grand Tier ($295), or loge ($250) sections. Subscribers have seating priority with the opportunity in future seasons to renew and upgrade their seats before new subscription sales. New subscriptions are on sale now.
Legacy Society Memberships
A Legacy Society membership costs $900 per person and includes premium seating and parking and access to pre-event receptions and photo lines (if offered) with speakers. A portion of the membership payment is a tax-deductible gift to Guilford College.
Purchase Legacy society memberships with premium benefits by contacting the Tanger Center Ticket Office at 336.373.7575 or TangerAMCS@greensboro-nc.gov.
Single-event tickets, if available, will be on sale beginning in September 2022.
Guilford College Bryan Series 2022-23 Speakers
All programs start at 7:30 pm at the Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts
Speakers and dates are subject to change.
This Is Your Brain on Music is one of four international bestsellers by renowned neuroscientist Daniel Levitin. It captures the theme of this enthralling and entertaining presentation, pairing Daniel with Grammy-winning singer-songwriter Rosanne Cash, daughter of the legendary singer Johnny Cash. They’ll discuss creativity, music, inspiration, and the brain science behind them.
Kizzy Corbett made the 2021 TIME100 Next list for Innovators and is the scientific lead of the Vaccine Research Center’s coronavirus team at the U.S. National Institutes of Health. She is a stellar science communicator and has explained the vaccine and the virus in highly accessible ways. And, she’s a native North Carolinian.
Haute cuisine meets humanitarian relief with award-winning chef and restaurateur José Andrés. Through his NGO, World Central Kitchen, he’s fed refugees in war zones and victims of natural disasters around the world, including in response to the war in Ukraine and to Hurricane Florence in eastern North Carolina. Hear his compelling insights.
At a time of news media skepticism, Ronan Farrow has defined himself as a Pulitzer-winning investigative reporter. He pulls back the curtain on his work to break some of the biggest stories, the obstacles that have forced journalists to put everything on the line for the truth, and the seismic cultural impact of his stories.
Guilford College’s Bryan Series enriches the educational and cultural experience for students, faculty and staff of the College and residents of Greensboro and the central North Carolina region by providing speaker programs featuring well-known figures in the arts, humanities and public affairs.
In attending this and all other Bryan Series events, you certify and attest that you and all individuals in your party attending the event will follow the below regulations:
- All attendees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (at least two weeks after final dose) and provide proof of vaccination - either the original vaccination card or a printed copy of the vaccination card with an appropriate ID matching the name on your documentation. Or, have received a negative COVID-19 diagnostic test within 72-hours before the event and provide proof of negative result to security prior to entering the venue.
- Unvaccinated fans under 12 years of age will be required to take a COVID-19 diagnostic test within 72-hours before the event and will provide proof of negative result to security prior to entering the venue.
- Unvaccinated fans over 12 years old with a valid medical restriction & medical note will be required to take a COVID-19 diagnostic test within 72-hours before the event and will provide proof of negative result to security prior to entering the venue.
- Please note, only PCR COVID-19 tests and Antigen COVID-19 tests will be accepted. At home tests will not be accepted, and testing will not be available at Tanger Center. You must have your negative COVID-19 test results prior to arrival. To find a test site near you, click here.
- These confirmations will apply to all members of your party before they are allowed to enter the event and to any users of the tickets purchased.
- Guilford County has a temporary mask mandate in place for indoor activities. You will need to wear a mask to enter the venue for this event.